Almonds are one of those healthy snacks that really offer a little bit of everything, and they can be eaten alone, as part of a mix, or even incorporated into a healthy meal! At Power Up Snacks, we know all of the many health benefits of almonds, and we think that these benefits are well worth becoming acquainted with! Some of the greatest benefits of incorporating almonds into your diet are:
- Lower bad cholesterol – High cholesterol is a problem that many people are facing nowadays, and this can often be attributed to unhealthy snacking or eating habits. Lowering cholesterol is a big part of finding better health, and a recent study performed by Dr. Gene Spiller, the Director of the Health Research and Studies Center found that incorporating almonds into a regular diet helped to do just that.
- Lower heart attack risk – It has been found that people who incorporate certain nuts, such as almonds, into their diet around 5 times a week wind up cutting their risk of a heart attack by around 50% according to a study performed at the Loma Linda School of Public Health.
- Bone building – Bone building is particularly important as we age, and almonds have been found to aid in bone and teeth building when added in to a regular diet routine.
- Aid in weight loss – Almonds may have fat, but it’s healthy fat, and studies have shown that eating almonds regularly as a snack can help to aid in weight loss efforts. Rather than consuming processed foods or foods high in bad fats, substituting these cravings for a handful of healthy almonds can help to make weight loss goals come easier.
- Boost brain health – Almonds contain both riboflavin and L-carnitine, and both of these nutrients help to keep the brain healthy. Many believe that when consumed regularly, almonds can even help to ward off the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
Not only are almonds delicious, but they’re also good for you, and these healthful little nuts can help to keep you fuller for longer when compared to less healthy processed snacks. Almonds can be eaten alone, seasoned, prepared in dishes, or munched on along with other snack foods, so there is always a way that you can enjoy your daily dose of almonds!